Robert's Place Heroes: Celebrating 5 Years of Keeping Kids Safe
On August 31, 2015 PACES opened Robert's Place Children's Emergency Shelter. Robert's Place was built with love and support from donors across Kansas City and beyond. Named in loving memory of Robert Zevenbergen, our shelter is a safe haven for children in crisis. Now celebrating our 5th Anniversary, Robert's Place remains a valued community service for children and familes and the only children's shelter of its kind serving the Wyandotte County, Kansas community.
Learn More About Robert's Place Here
Your financial support and donations make a world of difference for kids in crisis. Your gift provides shelter, food, clothing, personal care items, and support for children during their stay. Because of you, Robert's Place is a warm and welcoming home where children can begin the healing process.
Become a Robert's Place Hero. Your gift may be used to:
- A $25.00 gift provides children with basic personal care items like shampoo/conditioner, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc.
- Your $50.00 donation will help provide breakfast, lunch and dinner for children during their stay.
- $100 helps keep kids relax and have fun with board games, journals, books, arts and crafts, etc.
- A gift of $250 can provide a child with emergency shelter or respite care for one day/night.
- $500 provides emergency shelter and everything a child needs during their stay.
- Your $1,000 investment provides shelter and critical support for shelter operations and maintenance.
Robert's Place Wish List
Many children at Robert's Place arrive with no personal items. Your donations of personal care items, games, toys and clothing from our wish list helps make their stay more welcoming and comfortable. All donated items must be in new/unopened condition. Here are the items we need the most:
Personal Care Items
- Travel size shampoo, conditioner, lotion and toothpaste
- Toothbrushes and dental floss
- Ponytail holders and scrunchies
- Nail polish, nail gems
- Combs and brushes
Recreation Activity Supplies
- Craft supplies: glue, glitter, paper, etc.
- Jewelry-making kits
- Watercolors & paints
- Children and adult coloring books
- Crayons, markers and pens (regular and colorful)
- Board and card games: Conect Four, UNO, Operation, Family Fued, etc.
- X-Box and E-rated X-Box games
- Children and adult puzzles and activity books
- Yoga mats
- Yarn and crochet tools
- Puppets and children's costumes
- Writing journals and note cards
- Young adult books
- Diverse books about race/gender
- Ping pong table or air hockey table
- Garden tools, gloves, plants and seeds
- Fidget cubes and spinners
- Indoor basketball goal
Clothing for Ages 3-17*
- Pajamas. socks and underwear
- Casual clothing: Jeans, t-shirts, sweatpants/shirts, etc.
- Flip flops (S, M, L, XL)
- *Clothing for teen boys and girls is most needed and very appreciated
- Individually wrapped snacks
- Juice boxes and Capri Sun drinks
- Gift cards to Walmart and Target
- Patio table, umbrella and chair set
- Large umbrella for outside
- Weighted blankets
- Night lights
- Kitchen utensils: ice cream scoop, cookie cutters, etc.
- Kitchen cutlery